Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Here is the responsibility as an educator

I reply to Abaez about the comment for me to keep discussing about social network (cell-phone)


Classmates:


Abaez,


Thanks for the posting great comment. You are right. it is true that there are some disadvantage in wild developing technology in Korea and the maintaining balance is difficult to people. However, you might know that everything has advantages and disadvantage, merits and demerits, or strength and weakness.


 When I prepared a group presentation for the class last week, our group members thought that the Internet is the great tool for social network of education, but there must be disadvantages. Yes, we knew what disadvantages are as we said in the presentation. So, we should be the educator who try to keep the balance for children's or student's education in schools. If we were technologists, it would be easy that we try to spread out the only advantages for developing technology. However, we are not the technologists, but the educators.


I bet that American deeply think of other related issues for not using like Korea. First time when I came in NY, I could not understand not to be able to use the cell-phone in the subway. Every Korean who just arrived in the United States might feel uncomfortable about that. As I have lived in NY for a few years, I realize that there is more important things, such as security, air noise, or other issues, than that just using the cell-phone in the subway.


I know the United States is the advanced country in extensive fields, ranging from business and technology to education. So, many foreign students came in NY to learn those things. I think that both Korea and American have different values to develop each field. However, there is one thing that we can do in education field whether we are Korean or American. The thing is that we should try to find advantage of technology to use education field with the least damage. I believe that this is one of our significant responsibility as educators.


2 comments:

  1. Hi~!!
    What a nice colors on your blog!
    I think you love pink because your homepage color is also pink. I love pink too! *^^*
    Most of all, your animation page was so impressive to me. How did you make the last one?? It is very interesting and I think it's a good idea to make so. And your concrete music, I love the sound of crazy frog~!! ^^
    I learned a lot of things from your articles on this blog so, thank you!!
    I hope to see you again on campus soon.
    Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie, I wrote about your website for my final posts on my blog! here's what I said:
    I'm a big fan of Julie's website. It's so amazing that she is just beginning to take classes in English and she is still so proficient with the tech assignments and her blog writing. The personal touches on her assignment pages are great! I also liked that she gave us an alternate version of her music concrete assignment--it gave me a sense of what kind of edits she made.

    ReplyDelete